SPC UK is committed to the highest standards of environmental responsibility and is certified to the internationally recognised BS EN ISO 14001 accreditation. SPC UK believes that the protection of the environment is an essential part of modern business operations. SPC is committed to the continuous prevention of pollution plus the continual improvement of its environmental management system and performance.
The quality of environmental systems and processes was recognised in January 2013 when we achieved full certification in the environmental standards, ISO 14001. The universally recognised environmental standard demonstrates the company’s excellent management of environmental risks, including legal and regulatory compliance.
SPC UK believes that the protection of the environment is an essential part of business operations and is committed to the continuous prevention of pollution plus the continual improvement of its environmental management system and performance.
This will be achieved by the implementation, at the Company’s rubber manufacturing facilities, of an Environmental Management System compliant with the international standard BS EN ISO 14001 commitment to:
- Assessment of the environmental aspects of our processes and the impact on the local, regional and global environments;
- Comply with appropriate legislation, consents and other requirements to which the Company subscribes;
- Minimise emissions of substances to air, water or land from its manufacturing processes;
- Seek to reduce the amount of waste into the environment and ensure any waste disposed of is done so responsibly;
- Reduce energy consumption;
- Work with suppliers and contractors to promote awareness of the importance of environmental issues and the need to work in an environmentally responsible manner;
- Plan and implement effective systems of work, which prevent pollution;
- Establish and regularly review objectives and targets to continually strive to reduce significant environmental impacts;
- Promote environmental awareness to all employees through training & education;